We have been hired to empower the U.S. version of an European Facebook page.
We are going to use our Facebook marketing skills to bring in leads, opportunities and sales to the brand.
The main goal is to increase the customer base, as well as retain the current customers.
First advice we gave our client: Don't be just a brand, but be a community users love being a part of.
The key is keeping fans engaged.
Here are a few more tips you might find useful:
- Implement a strategy to be likeable. Facebook pages allow an unlimited number of "likes". On a personal profile the limit is 5,000 friends. Once you reach that number, you'll simply be unable to accept new friend requests.
- Send people to your Facebook page. Put its link everywhere, use every opportunity you have.
- Use a lot of photos. The new Facebook Timeline design displays photos prominently.
- Interact with fans. In a way, everyone who Likes your page is raising their hand and expressing their interest in learning more about your business.
- Use a custom URL --which is available on settings once 25 people like your Facebook page.
- Check metrics on Facebook's Insights. It offers in-depth user data about your page, including information on the gender, age and location of who is looking at your page, as well as which types of status updates are the most popular.
- Consider using automated social media tools to schedule content and status updates.
Above is a video about the new Facebook pages. A great place to learn more is The Official Facebook channel in YouTube.