Last week I was asked in a panel in New York what was the fastest way to improve site engagement and drive marketing sucess.
Video content -I answered.
Yes, video is a critical marketing tool for driving traffic, awareness, engagement and lead conversion.
Ultimately, an effective video marketing strategy helps with everything from marketing and sales efforts to product development strategy.
- Create keywords, custom tags and relevant information for each video. This is useful for pulling up playlists and when search engines crawl the web.
- Give each video clip its own specific URL. That link leads to video playback, and not to a page where users have to search for the video they want. Also invidual URLs improve search optimization.
- Add buttons for sharing each video via embed code, email, link, Facebook and Twitter.
- Brand your video player. Skin it by using company-specific colors and logo.
- Capture key analytics and learn from audience behaviors in order to refine content accordingly. You will determine which video clips are the most engaging.
Data analysis should include how long viewers stick with each video and which types of content perform best.
This will help with everything form marketing and sales efforts to product development strategy.
- Implement acceleration technology that monitors network conditions and dynamically delivers the highest-quality playback experience.